| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,448 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 85 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 85 | I'm attempting to restore my truck to it's original condition/color. The exterior paint color is Mariner Blue, but I can't find the name of the original interior paint color. Help would be appreciated. Bob | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton pickup, panel, or suburban? Interior colors are at the bottom of this list.There are differing opinions on color names and modern equivalents. You might want to try searching through the paint forum (but, most likely some members will post what they have used). | | | | | Joined: Apr 2017 Posts: 480 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2017 Posts: 480 | For my 53 I used Rustoleum Dark Bronze Metallic #7272. It looks really good, and very close to original.
Tim
I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road. Tim
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 160 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 160 | Ditto on the Rustoleum 7272. I think it may be called bright metallic because... Caution, they also make a dark bronze metallic 7713 which DOES NOT match well. Don't ask me how I know... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 265 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 265 | rcborst, Bob, I sent you a PM.
Rugo
Steve Rugg 53 3100
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,282 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,282 | Caution, they also make a dark bronze metallic 7713 which DOES NOT match well. Don't ask me how I know... Been there, done that. Now I feel the sweet release of bad conscience for not coming clean about it much sooner. Thank you!
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | |
| |
| |