The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TS3600, 55shaker), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 85
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 85
I'm attempting to restore my truck to it's original condition/color. The exterior paint color is Mariner Blue, but I can't find the name of the original interior paint color. Help would be appreciated. Bob

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton pickup, panel, or suburban?

Interior colors are at the bottom of this list.

There are differing opinions on color names and modern equivalents.

You might want to try searching through the paint forum (but, most likely some members will post what they have used).

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 480
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 480
For my 53 I used Rustoleum Dark Bronze Metallic #7272. It looks really good, and very close to original.

Tim


I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 160
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 160
Ditto on the Rustoleum 7272. I think it may be called bright metallic because...
Caution, they also make a dark bronze metallic 7713 which DOES NOT match well.
Don't ask me how I know...


NHluvstruck...
1951 3100 5-window,.sold, regretted
https://stonefacegarage.wixsite.com/mysite
51 Chevy Restoration Page
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
rcborst, Bob, I sent you a PM.

Rugo


Steve Rugg
53 3100
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
Originally Posted by Nhluvstruck
Caution, they also make a dark bronze metallic 7713 which DOES NOT match well.
Don't ask me how I know...
Been there, done that. Now I feel the sweet release of bad conscience for not coming clean about it much sooner. Thank you!


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0