| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (mick53, Peggy M, Southerntruck, Gdads51, LAROKE, NJC, 68ironhead, dt235sd, GMCJammer51),
158
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,393 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | I bit the bullet and bought A/C for my '37. Been wanting it for years, just never got it done. I went with Vintage Air's Mini unit. Took half the summer working on it a few days a week, but finally finished up a couple weeks back. I took the truck out today for a trip to the old time drag races about 140 miles south of me. A/C blows 38* to 40* degree air, windows tinted to keep sun out, speedometer set on 70 mph, man all was good! Drag races were great, sunny 85* with slight wind. Fuel up when I got home, 21.6 miles per gallon, twin Carter W-1's on a 250 with 3.08 gear and A/C, couldn't ask for any more then that out of a 81 year old truck! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 138 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 138 | That sounds great! There's not much room under that dash. Do you have some pictures to share? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | I could get some, but I don't have a storage system that lets me share on the web. All I can say is, it was a tight fit since I added a set back into the firewall for the 250 engine. My cowl vent now only opens about 1/2 way but the windshield still goes full open. I still half 1/2 the glove box, which is a good thing. It's so crammed under the dash, pictures really don't show much. | | |
| |
| |