The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bill Hanlon, MRMEROTH11, JW51, Mike Burns, KEVINSKI), 110 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,396
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 52
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 52
Another question on putting my '53 6400 back together.
After installing brand new hood hinges from Chevy Duty, I still have a big gap between hood & fender in the hinge area.

The truck had this same problem when I got it, I figured new hinges would cure it , but the new hinges actaully made it worse.

I guess the worn hinges let the hood sit better (especially after I pushed down on the hood)

Respond to me personally at ;
[email protected]

Pics available,
Thanks, Rick.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Getting that gap even and close to closed all around is one of the biggest bugaboos on AD trucks for some reason. I had a terrible time with mine. Two body shops later and continued fussing with mine and it seems to be as good as it will ever be. I'll bet I've looked at two hundred of these old models and they all seem to have this issue. Patience and perseverence unfortunately is all the advice I can offer. I asked the same question here and never did get what I felt was decent advice. Now you have mine and it's no good either! :confused:


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 52
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 52
Thanks Dave.
Even that is a help, now I know I must take the drastic raod.
First I'll try eliminating the spring, I could live with a hood prop.
Next I'll try setting the hood in place & custom sizing the hinges.
It'll be a tight squeeze with me & the engine in there with the hood down smile
I'll keep you posted.
Rick.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0