The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Gray_Ghost, JW51, 55shaker, MickeyP, GMCJammer51, Bills Auto Works, Bill Hanlon, Charles in CA, dt235sd, Gdads51), 104 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,151
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1273491 07/23/2018 12:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
1950 12v suburban stock guages.....


When I installed my new gas tank last year, I put a new gas tank sander unit in it. The sender unit has a wire grounded to the unit, also a positive wire from a stud on the sender. I purchased a gas guage voltage reducer also.


I assume the ground wire grounds to frame but I am lost as to where the positive wire / reducer should go???


1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
The voltage reducer goes on the back of the gauge on the E post then your power wired connects to the voltage reducer.

The sender wire goes to the gauge F post


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0