The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MickeyP, RoadsScholar, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 203 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
Hello, I have a 1964 Aluminum 2 spd Powerglide being installed in my 1964 1/2 ton C10. I am using the original automatic column shifter. I received (from 4-5-6) the pivot link that attaches to the frame, but the center link is really worn. I am not sure what the original looked like and I was wondering if anyone knows if the areas indicated in these photos need to be completely filled in with weld? Thanks, Janine
Attachments
Powerglide middle link.JPG (30.67 KB, 32 downloads)
Powerglide middle link 2.JPG (32.46 KB, 32 downloads)

Last edited by JDMich; 07/20/2018 2:25 PM.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Can’t view the photos. Wants me to join Facebook. No way!😠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
Martin, Sorry about that. I understand where you're coming from since I have a hate/like relationship with FB. I Figured out how to just add the pics. Janine

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Hey, you’re a better person than me. Being a Moderator you would think I can do it all, but I can’t figure out how to post photos. Your pieces would be an easy fix for a good welder. 🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0