| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,305 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 | Does a stock chassis need lubrication every 1000 miles, or can you go a few 1000 miles more since highways have come a long ways in the last 60 years? Just wondering.
Brian 1955.2 3100 Truck The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | "Does a stock chassis need lubrication every 1000 miles, or can you go a few 1000 miles more since highways have come a long ways in the last 60 years?"Maybe yes, or, maybe yes. I do it it every couple thousand miles, or, every year in the early Spring. It takes about 15 minutes by me, or by a good Shop. Most Shops do not know the grease points, especially brake pedal shaft. http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1954truck/54ctsm0009.html | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 | I grease mine once a year also. I put about 2000-2500 miles a year on it. I also have a grease point on my clutch pedal shaft.
Brian 1955.2 3100 Truck The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | Your kingpins will thank you if you do it every 1,000 miles.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | |
| |
| |