The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, R&S 51 GMC, KEVINSKI, Bill Hanlon, Swami29, Phak1), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,339
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1271431 07/06/2018 6:48 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
Has anyone done this? I need some guidance on my project.

Last edited by c2cksro; 07/06/2018 10:27 PM.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
This is what I did.
Attachments
Capture.JPG (20.42 KB, 130 downloads)


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
Dave, thank you, I'm going to look at a 37-39 truck transmission tomorrow I located, I've got a 1940 bell housing as well, and that's what my 216 is out of

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
O
Moderated
Moderated
O Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
I am looking at pulling my 194 out and replacing it, any tips you want to share.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
What are you thinking of replacing it with?


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Originally Posted by Old Betsy Fire
I am looking at pulling my 194 out and replacing it, any tips you want to share.

Check your title VIN against the engine serial number...most States used the engine serial number on the title back then.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
This swap has been done quite a lot as the old motors can be difficult to rebuild. An old time friend did this swap some years back in a '30 roadster. Used 38 trans, bellhousing and crossmember and I believe a 216, without the 38 crossmember I think you will need to modify your existing crossmember and or pan. Also I have a tech article on this I can mail to you or scan, just PM me you email.

There is a shop near Merced that has a 30 coupe with 235 motor done but not in car, the shop owner is very busy and can be difficult to contact.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0