| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (51sub),
128
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 | Hello and thanks for having me. I'm new but been using forums as knowledgeable source for guidance so I thank everybody in advance who answered same questions I was thinking thru last several years. I remember sitting in my dad's lap as a kid in late sixties in an old step side bolter and was hooked. I purchased mine and had it shipped from North Dakota. I'm anything but a mechanic. But have taken it down to the frame all by myself. She's the forester green and I'm keeping it patina. I know all about the hardship keeping her 8 lug.. front drums are precious as we all know...not only are my drums still usable..i was able to find another and had it shipped. My goal...inside cab brand new...keep original stock height and overload packs on..either buy a turn key when someone does a v8 swap...ive seen em but not ready yet. Frame is on stands ..havent touched rear drums yet..front down to backing plate . I'm a low budget operation with limited room( I work in green portable garage)and I buy tools as needed. Not looking to blast frame for a show room look...shes a beauty solid frame..just a rust preventive satin look...she will be my everyday summer driver to haul my boat I restored...as I live off lake Huron . I will need all your help as i never a vehicle down this far ..im awaiting parts but as a goal for summers end I want brake system done..frame painted..leaves re installed..front suspension finished and hopefully re install cab after repairs. Thanks again I know I will get er done with you guidance! IC2(ss) former sub guy out! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome to this crazy place we all love so much. 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | welcome to the site! I think a big part of the battle is just having the confidence to tear into stuff! Sounds like you are well on the way! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | We are here to help. Many of us have been right where you are so remember, there is no stupid questions here. Just try to always ask questions in the most appropriate forum for max results.....my motto, just do at least 15 minutes every day. it will get done and you will always have something accomplished to help keep you motivated. Did I say we are here to help!! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 102 | Always good to see another bubble head on here!! I spent 9 years in Uncle Sam's Canoe club, 4 aboard USS Nevada. I have a 48 3600 that I got on the road last fall. Make a few more posts, then you will be able to attach pics. MMC(SS) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 | Hey thanks everybody! Nice to see another bubble head as well. I put 5 years on USS Florida and USS Georgia . I will be posting questions soon. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | Welcome aboard, ENSG! Make sure you check in at the Legion forum, as well I spent 5 days underway aboard USS Sam Rayburn, if that counts for anything ... Semper Fi, John
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 | Welcome! I like the 3600 trucks - I've had 3 of them. Good luck with it. Enjoy, safely.
Professional Novice
| | |
| |
| |