| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,354 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 26 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 26 | What is everyone using on there frames. My frame has been sand blasted and primed. Now I am looking at coating to put on it. Any ideas ??
BTW powdercoating seems really expensive.... | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 289 | One problem that's been noted with powder coating is how to touch it up. I have seen powder coated parts that were not preped right lose the coating.
For my money, I plan to epoxy prime and topcoat. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | I used Eastwood's Exreme Chassis black , but it is pricey , I a post here not long ago I did a test of Eastwood vrs. Rustoleum ....Ifinished mine with Rustoleum ...lol Lot Cheaper ! Maybe someone can post the thread to the test ???? I am not that computer litterate ! LOL | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 289 | Here's the link. In case it doesn't work just search this forum for posts by sw_radial and use search word "rust".
Eric
http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004374#000000 | | |
| |
| |