The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1268911 06/13/2018 12:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Anyone up for a convoy to get lunch and a beer? It will be my last chance to drive my truck in VA and see all you “experienced” ODSS bolters. On june 27th, I will be pulling out for the long drive to Texas with my truck in the trailer.

Chris

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 28
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 28
Sounds good.
I am having a brake issue but would like to come for fun.
Will drive regular car if I can't drive the stepvan due to the brakes.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
I might be up for a cruise to a beer location. How about meeting some place over towards Lake Anna? That would be somewhat in the middle between my place and Fredericksburg. Just a thought. Let me know what or where you had in mind.


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
I am going to link up with sweet. He said he can “sweet” talk my steering box. After that, I am open for most anything as long as there is a destination with food and beer.

Chris

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Hardshell,

Looks like we might drive east towards MD. I can give you more info when we figure it all out.

Chris

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Come one come all!

We will meet at Wayside Park:

3435 Roseland Rd
King George VA 22485

High Noon.

From there we will cruise the ODSS hillside and find a place to eat, sip, and be merry!

Hope everyone can come!


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Looks like a linkup at Waffle House at exit 126 (south on 95) at 0900ish. Then a drive up to see the somd gang. More the merrier!

Chris

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Need a few miles on the roads. see you there.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Hope to see a few truck with you!

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
I'm in!


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
ndkid275 #1269877 06/22/2018 12:26 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Wish I could join you guys. Have fun and watch out for the crazies!


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

ndkid275 #1269886 06/22/2018 12:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
I'm with you vew would love to be there nothing like a good road trip




57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Careful Tim, if you drive too far you'll fall off! It would be ok if you have one of those Cuban ADs though. yahoo


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Martin -- I'm planning on having a Cuban with me .... Perdomo Churchill, to be exact smile


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
dang


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Great cruise today, Gents! Ended up in Colonial Beach, VA with ndkid275 (and Mike), Sweet, Hardshell, 4Brads (plus one smile ), Hambone and I. Among other business, Sweet (as SOPA -- Senior ODSS Officer Present Abroad) conferred the Holy Order of the Senior Brotherhood upon ndkid as a token of our esteem.

Fun times. Made it there and back with no issues. Had a great wingman (Hambone). Got Charlie back in the garage before the storm hit here smile

Another one for the books!

John
Attachments
odss-cruise-1.jpg (74.44 KB, 95 downloads)
odss-cruise-2.jpg (74.99 KB, 94 downloads)

Last edited by John Milliman; 06/24/2018 9:04 PM.

~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
That was fun.

This morning started with a meeting for Pre-OP discussion at the Golden Corral. After the meal we headed to the HotRod shop for a couple of steering box adjustments. The group then convoys about 30 miles to meet up with the SOMD chapter attendees. We decide to make Colonial Beach our destination.

We stopped to meet up with HARDSHELL and went to lunch.

I had a great time, it was fun to ride with ndkid275 once more before he heads to the Lone Star state.

Here is a link to the pics.

Sunday Cruise


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
ndkid275 #1270171 06/24/2018 11:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Looked like a fine day couldn't look at sweets photos try again later


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
ndkid275 #1270173 06/24/2018 11:33 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Also enjoyed the ride. Home prior to rain. I think i heard the rain while napping. Cheers chris. Good luck in tx.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Thanks gents for the great ride! Unlike the rest of you, I hit dead center of the storm. I found every spot in my truck that leaks! I also had to Ford the length of highway 1 which was running board high in places. I will be fixing the leaks for the next year, not to mention adjusting the wipers and drying the inside (and my clothes out)!

I will greatly miss the ODSS brothers over the next year. I will be back in the future, save me a beer.

God speed and may your trucks run as designed,

Chris


ndkid275 #1270305 06/26/2018 10:10 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Bravo to all that went on the cruise. As others have said, wish I could have been there. My leash kept me close to home.
Chris, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the day you return to the ODSS!

OH and, that is the problem with my truck, it does run as designed.....43 miles an hour top speed and wound out! :-)




~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
ndkid275 #1270308 06/26/2018 10:35 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215


Good to see you had a good farewell tour, Chris. I hope your year in Texas goes well. You can have a lot of fun with the Texas connection, make the most of it. Living in Texas is not a valid excuse for missing the next homecoming.


Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0