Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2018 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2018 Posts: 14 | Howdy, I have always wanted to get another old truck (my first was in high school 48 yrs ago... a 54 Studebaker p-u) Boy do I wish I still had it... (bet you never heard that one before). LOL! Anyway I am now the proud owner of a 1952/1954 Jimmy 100, registered as a 1952 five window cab and with a lot of head scratching at the parts store and reading Stovebolt finally figured "54" frame with 248 cu in eng. and four speed. I bought it in Feb. this year and being retired I get to work on it seven days a week. What a Joy! I been told the engine has been gone through and after unsticking a couple valves and replacing the push rods it runs like a champ. With Stovebolt member help I have been through the brakes, steering, suspension... (lowering 3in front 4in rear) along with miscellaneous interior work . With fingers crossed I hope to have it ready for paint by the end of the month. Like I said in my title, Glad to be here! Never could have done it without all of your expertise...Thank you! Jim
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome, it’s about time you posted an introduction. 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Jim, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. Looking forward to pulling wrenches with you and sounds like you may have a trick or two up your sleeve to share. You have found THE best Chevy/GMC truck site on the web and the best dang help you could ask for.
See you around the garage forums.....well, you already know where they are! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | Welcome. Feel free to drop into the Electrical Shop if you are feeling a bit sparky.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | | | |
| |