The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (arustycars639, jmoore, Joe H, MickeyP, Gray_Ghost, 3B), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,558
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,835
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,835
I've been watching Ebay lately, and bidding on 265 Chevy exhaust manifolds. Surprisingly, they come up pretty regularly, and the prices are dirt cheap! The one I got a couple of days ago actually cost half what the shipping was to get it to me!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I feel the pain Jerry. The shipping cost has deterred me from buying several things as I can buy new and in the end come out just as good. As my math teacher daughter always says:.....do the math!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,835
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,835
Well, I've got a whole $43.00 invested in it- - - -purchase and shipping! The one I got a couple of weeks ago was "expensive"- - - -I think I've got $55.00 in it!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
Okay, refresh my memory. That is the sought after manifold for the least interference with steering box. Is that correct and if so, for what years?

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,835
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,835
Any of the trucks prior to the 2nd. generation 55's will have interference problems between the steering shaft and small block V8 exhaust manifolds like rams' horns, etc. That would include trucks from the 1940's, early 50's, etc. Late 55 and newer trucks had a V8 option, so some stock-type manifolds will clear the steering gear better than the ones that were only designed for 6 cylinders.


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
short spark plugs and you can center a v8 with no issues

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
I have also gotten some sweet deals on ebay. Have patience and know what thing are worth. When I'm working out of state for months at a time I have plenty of time to find deals. Good job Jerry.


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0