The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
I have a 1960 C65 that I'm fixing up to haul brush with. The turn signal switch/actuator in the column is really loose and don't work correctly at all. It won't kick off when the left blinker is on and it's hard to find the neutral position. I have found rebuild kits for smaller trucks but they don't say if they fit the big trucks. So I guess my question is, are the switches the same or is there something I can do to fix mine. I haven't taken it apart yet to see what's going on in there but I figured someone here could get me heading in the right direction with some good info. Thanks!

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
I believe they are the same inside. The plastic parts are available at your FLAPS.🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
Ok great! I kind of figured they would be but hated to go through buying one, being wrong, sending it back and still not having it fixed lol. Thanks for the help!

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
This a Chevrolet, or GMC ?


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
Chevrolet

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Kyle, If it's a Chevrolet, It's either going to be a C60, C70, or C80. They didn't have a C65 series in 1960. If it's a Low Cab Forward, it's would be a L L60, L70, or L80 series.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

If the parts are the same, this may come in handy :

How to Replace your turn signal switch in your 64-66 Chevy truck

-W

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
O ok thanks Spanky! I was told wrong when I bought it and guess I never questioned it lol! Thanks for the link Woogeroo, that will come in handy! This is why I joined this site, I learn something every time I log on here! I'm not very computer savvy at all or I would post some pics of it but I'll see if my wife can help me with that. Thanks everybody!


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0