The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (KEVINSKI, FAST55, rfs56trk, Joe H, Danielbolt), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,487
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1265146 05/08/2018 1:15 AM
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 35
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 35
Hey guys, introducing myself here, I'm 27 and live in New Jersey. I picked up a 1954 Chevy 3100 a few weeks ago.

I have a lot of questions and pictures!

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/25/2023 2:38 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Kyle, welcome to the Stovebolt. Congrats on your pickup. Lots of stuff available for it. Look forward to reading your build as you progress along. Be sure to ask questions in the garage forums for best results with any help you need...........and bolters here are definitely wiling to help.
Watch for others in your area. They are here!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Hello, Kyle,

Welcome to Stovebolt.com

I am partial to 1954 trucks. I look forward to reading about your "build".

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215


Welcome Kyle, yes we want to see the pictures. Questions are good too. Good luck with it.
Leo

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to this crazy concoction of rust and metal, gas and oil. shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
Welcome aboard Kyle, and so the love affair begins.


1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Kyle,


You can mail a few photos to me and I will post them.

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/25/2023 2:30 PM.
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,101
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,101
Welcome to Stovebolt.

For what you are trying to do you would be better off to create a FREE google folder for all of your truck pictures. You then have no limits on the size of the picture. You then simply post a link to the pictures in your post. A good example is in my(and most of the bolters) signature. If you click on "My 54 3100" right below my name it takes you to my goggle folder containing all of my pictures for my truck. You can also post links to specific pictures in your folder if you have a question about a specific item and wanted to post a picture for clarity.


Last edited by dgrinnan; 05/11/2018 11:54 AM.

Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 35
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 35
I have a lot of pictures to show off! Iv belonged to a corvette forum for about 11 years now (I own a 94 corvette also), and I was a very active member over there, asking lots of questions and giving advice whenever I could. I even made a few step by step walk through articles complete with pictures and everything to help people change out parts

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/25/2023 2:35 PM.
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 35
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 35
This weekend I'll try making the google folder and going about it that way.

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/25/2023 2:36 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Now you can do it all. Enjoy and keep us posted. Anytime you need something just ask in the garage forums. Good luck.

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/25/2023 2:36 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0