The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gray_Ghost, 55shaker, Lugnutz, F100Ranger, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 89 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
Hello everyone,
I bought some nos choke and throttle cables for my cabover (said they were good for ALL 1950 Chevy trucks), but the choke cable was way too short. I don't think there's a way to swap the knob on to a longer cable, so does anyone know where to shop for coe specific C & T cables?
Thanks in advance,
-Scott

Last edited by GarlandFarms; 03/27/2018 4:05 PM.
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Scott,
You will probably have to make your own choke cable. I have never seen aftermarket cables for the COE and never have seen NOS ones. For my 1950 Chevy COE a friend helped me and took the standard aftermarket cable, removed the knob and put it on a longer cable. I think he used epoxy to glue it on and it took two tries before we had success. I would really like to find an original or NOS cable that is useful.

Kent


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
Ok, Thanks for the info. Modifying the cables I have was my backup plan, I appreciate the tip.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0