The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Eileen, klhansen, Uncles51, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1255558 02/19/2018 4:00 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
Hello Bolters
I live in Lakewood, a foothills suburb of Denver.

I have owned these trucks -
1959 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
1956 GMC 3/4 Dubl-Duti Step Van Delivery
1954 Chevy 1 ton long bed pickup

And currently own these guys -
1946 Chevy 1.5 ton truck
1950 Chevy 2 ton cabover

-Scott Mourer

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
welcome to our quiet corner of the 'Bolt.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 93
Thank you.

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 18
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 18
I'm in Cheyenne, WY and I need a good mechanic to help stop a major squeak in the engine compartment of my 1953. I can trailer to wherever it needs to go. I cant seem to find where it is coming from or what to do to fix it. Help!

thx: Kldob

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Is the squeak constant? high pitched? does it vary with RPM?

Are any of the pulleys loose? can you wiggle any of them when the engine is OFF!!

I would use a belt conditioner to rule out the belt.

If you have a long screw driver, you can carefully place the tip of the screwdriver on the generator/alternator, valve cover ect. put your ear on the handle end and listen. (be careful around moving parts)


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
KLdob, did you get this figured out?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 18
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 18
A while back I posted about a squeak in the engine that increased with rpms. I found it! it turns out that the person that replaced the okie bearing dented the flywheel inspection into the flywheel. I would have never guessed it. It sounded like a dry bearing.
anyway it is fixed now.

Keith


Moderated by  69Cuda, Fibonachu 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0