| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 236 DLBrooks | | DLBrooks Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 236 | This may be listed elsewhere and maybe no one cares but I disassembled a GM 1946 -- 4 speed crash box and have the following bearing list:
Input shaft to mainshaft pilot -- Open Roller cage - no number found - have not found- .875" ID x 1.25" ODx 1.5 " long ---- I need to clean up the mainshaft pilot so I will lathe it to .75" and hope to use a Koyo HJ-122016 open needle roller bearing. It has an outer case that may solve any female input shaft issues. .75"x1.25"x1" long
Input shaft bearing -- FAFNIR 209K
Rear Mainshaft --- New Departure 3307
Front Countershaft --- Hyatt ORB 1206
Rear Countershaft ---- Hyatt ORB 1207
Feel free to update or correct this list and add any cross references, etc.
Last edited by 42465967; 01/27/2018 6:02 PM. Reason: words
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Thanks for posting this list, it will be helpful to some.ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 236 DLBrooks | | DLBrooks Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 236 | The fit of the Koyo is just a bit more than a slip fit into the input shaft... nice. Should be able to pull it easily with a pilot bushing puller. Again I will lathe the mainshaft pilot to .75". https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=8172090#post8172090There are probably some of the originals nos open roller cage bearing out there. Has anyone removed the rear mainshaft bearing -- new departure 3307--- with a bearing seperator and not destroyed it? Or does the shaft snap ring push off with the bearing?
Last edited by 42465967; 01/29/2018 1:05 PM. Reason: words
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 236 DLBrooks | | DLBrooks Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 236 | Does anyone know if the crashbox 4 speed was left natural casting color from the factory or was it painted a color?
Gray?
If it was casting color I may clear coat it. | | |
| |
| |