The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (BC59), 66 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,076
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Okay Hotrod Lincoln,

The floor is all yours.......

Thanks,


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
Sorry, Andy- - - - -I've beaten this dead horse for so long there's no point in continuing. I've explained how I do it, posted pictures, and even took an almost-complete setup to the homecoming last spring, including two groove pulleys for both the balancer and a larger-diameter pulley for the pump that solves the pump overspeeding problem when using the pump conversion plate with a late-model 235 passenger car balancer and the high-mount water pump. No bites! I'm just a tired old man these days. The nice thing about beating one's head against a wall is that it feels so good when you stop. I've had enough ridicule and moderator abuse to last me several lifetimes.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
No abuse intended here. I was at Homecoming last year and must have missed the discussion. I'll search the SB site and see what I can learn from your previous posts on the subject. Get some rest, we need your expertise on the Stovebolt web site!


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
I was going to ask jerry personally about the balancer but I feel like I've bothered him so much already I was trying to not bother him anymore (at least not with something I thought would be easy).

I've never had anything but respect for him and appreciate all his help on my engine.

I'd love to know what his solution is - if you find it let me know.
OR jerry, if you could pm me I'd love to hear it.

As for eBay, I must be blind, I haven't found them yet!


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,821
One very simple solution is to do a little machining on a 2-groove balancer for a 250 inline six to make the pulley grooves line up correctly. I'm not too impressed by that process, as the rubber isolator between the two parts of the balancer carries the torque load of pulling the belts. My method uses a 6" diameter balancer for a 283 V8 and a 2-groove pulley for a big block V8 is installed backwards to its normal position. Some very basic machining is done to the balancer hub, same as the 250 gets. With that setup the balancer ring is free to move independently, and the pulley is driven by the 3 bolts that would usually be used to attach a puller.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Thanks, Jerry!

Here's the earlier thread with pictures and supporting discussion.

(CLICK)


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0