Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,283 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 | , I was talking with "Hambone" and he asked if I was able to scoop up the OEM. engine mounts for my new found 292,, I was planning on running an elec. fuel pum anyway, si I kind of dig this set-up https://www.12bolt.com/store/p40/Steel_292_Motor_Mount_Adaptor.html check them out !
I have a 55 second gen!,, work in progress 1963 long bed step side driver Just a guy who digs old trucks! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,805 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,805 | Why invite trouble with an electric pump? Fabricating a mount bracket is a very simple welding project, or you could just scavenge one from a donor truck frame. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2017 Posts: 33 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2017 Posts: 33 | What truck are you putting the 292 in? I have a 67 292 engine that I'm getting ready to try to put in my 49 4400. Haven't done much measuring yet but I was hoping to bolt the 67 mounts on my frame. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 | Jerry I like the idea of simple and perhaps not using the Elec. fuel pump,, I have some welding abilities perhaps I will go that route;
KIngG I am putting it in a 63 C10
I have a 55 second gen!,, work in progress 1963 long bed step side driver Just a guy who digs old trucks! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,805 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,805 | If you're able to position the block in the frame temporarily, use cardboard, duct tape and hot glue to make a template, then duplicate it in steel. That's how we fabricated one-off frame and chassis parts for the round track cars on a routine basis. I've fabricated a lot of brake caliper mounts by holding the caliper in place on the disc with air pressure while I made brackets for them. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,219 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,219 | I don't remember where I seem the picture, but someone, used a standard 250 motor mount hooked to a steel plate that then ran along the side of the 292 to the motor mount holes. It might have been a GM picture, you could fit the two engines ( plus the V8 ) in the same chassis with only one mount location on the frame. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Bo, Depending on your timeline, we can find your mount. Many of these around the junk yards. Cosmo's buddy down in Richmond hits many yards and may be able to find for you pretty quick. See if Cosmo will pass his contact along (via PM). Name is Richard. Otherwise google Leon's in Culpepper and give him a call. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 1,048 |
Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy mick53, I can't find anything at your links. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 1,048 | Sorry I'll try to figure it out later today.
Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 | Thanks Guys,, I will do a bit more research,, I spoke to a guy today who said a SBC motor mount will work on the chassis,,I have not confirmed this,, Richmond ! Clupepper?,, sounds like a road trip maybe we should develop a hunting list !
I have a 55 second gen!,, work in progress 1963 long bed step side driver Just a guy who digs old trucks! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Leon's is ALWAYS fun in the Winter...no Tic's or Snakes to deal with. Take a backpack (tools, lunch, toilet paper, etc.) as you'll be in there all day, it's 115 acres spread out over two hillsides (do a Google Earth search to see how big it is). You need to be there between 8 and 8:30 am and be back to his office to pay by 3:30 and gone by 4pm if the hours are still the same...he locks you in while he goes to lunch or if he gets a tow call. I'm always game for that road trip! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 | cool Lets plan a trip ! having never been there ! I am a noob,, ,, I have a crew cab so I have room
I have a 55 second gen!,, work in progress 1963 long bed step side driver Just a guy who digs old trucks! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 155 | Today after driving the 63 for the first time, I hung the 292 on an engine stand cleaned off the Block ID numbers now off to see just what it is I have.
M0905FTR?
Last edited by BoToepfer; 12/17/2017 8:50 PM.
I have a 55 second gen!,, work in progress 1963 long bed step side driver Just a guy who digs old trucks! | | |
| |