| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,384 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Did the rear fenders change somewhere around 1946? I have both my rear fenders off the 53 and placed on some saw horses. When I looked at them the other day they seemed diffent but didn't pay much attention. Then in another thread Fumblin said something to the effect that a lot of trucks have rear fenders from both AD series (41-46 & 47-54).
I was wondering if I have one of those trucks.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 9 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 9 | Art Deco rear fenders were on trucks from 1941 thru 1947 (first series) then on the Avanced Design trucks produced 1947 (second series) thru 1954. People are paying some big bucks for the Art Deco ones in excellent shape because there are no repops available. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Thanks 228mike. That is good to hear. Maybe I can finance the restoration with a rear fender.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Old Blue I'm looking for a Deco Right rear, (but not quite willing to finance your whole project) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 | I have seen Art deco 41-471st sell from $200 to over $400 each depending on their condition. In six years i have only seen a NOS rear fender once and I don't know how much it went for because it was pulled off of e-bay as quick as it went up so I'm sure someone offered the seller some pretty big money.
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Lets talk. Can you send some photos. [email protected] Right rear only | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Sorry. I think I have two of the same fenders. But one is pimply like ostrich skinned cowboy boots. YeeHaw. Off we go to the Mesquite rodeo.
There goes the funding for my restoration.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | |
| |
| |