The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, 3B, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H), 166 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,246
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1238173 10/07/2017 6:50 PM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
My engines running great! Why not add an additive smile

Seriously though, my main seal seems to be leaking a wee bit. Also my seals in my 3 speed transmission are questionable. Would an oil stabilizer / leakstop combo like Lucas oil stabilizer be an OK idea in my engine and transmission?

1955 235 engine. 3 speed manual "peanut" Transmission.

Last edited by windyville1; 10/07/2017 6:54 PM.

1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,803
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,803
Additives are great "feel good" purchases. They do little if anything for the performance or longevity of the engine. P.T. Barnum is alive and well, and selling automotive products.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
Ahh..... I suspected


1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,217
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,217
Do us all a favor and try it for one oil change cycle and get back to us with your results. I can tell you first hand the fuel additive / injector cleaner does work. My '13 Toyota goes 6 miles a day below 40 mph and after 6 months it starts running rough. So about twice a year I dose it with Lucas to restore the lost power and rough running. I have farmer friends that will not use any thing but Lucas additive and oil in there $80K tractors, they say they idle better and pull better.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
I'm with Joe H on this. Try it . I fell Lucas products are better than others.

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
I'll try it. If my engine explodes, I will be on here looking for advice on fixing it I can assure you.


1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
Only stop leak item I ever found that works was / is manufactured by AGS and called STOP Oil leaks. https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/...pany-stop-oil-leaks-additive-and-sealant

if it has rubber seals it usually helps. Not so much so on rope seals.

I've sold a ton of this over the years working at the parts store and everyone said it worked.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0