The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1235304 09/18/2017 8:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
I thought it would be really nice to put a brake booster on my '53 3600 as I saw them all the time when just browsing through catalogs. What I guess I didn't see, was that they were for the 3100 and only an automatic? I've got the 3/4 ton with a manual transmission. Of course, the transmission isn't in it yet, and the engine is a 235 out of a '55 car that had a hydro-glide - but all I have is the manual. Am I out of luck for a brake booster? I've looked at every site I can but I would love to be wrong if someone can point me in the right direction.


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
Depends ..........some of the reasons they says automatic only is because the three speed column shift linkage is the interference issue. If you have a 4 speed top shifter the linkage is not a issue.

Some instructions also mention the cross member must be modified with out says which cross member. Some are referring to a engine transmission conversion where the rear tail shaft cross member is added and causes an interference issue.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
Mines a 3600 with the shifter on the floor. I can modify frame if necessary but would rather not. Does that make a difference?


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
Please, anyone? I did find a booster kit for 3/4 ton (link below) but it's for their disc brake conversions. Could I use this with my master cylinder? Or is there a different booster someone knows about? Or could I use the 1/2 ton kits that are so abundant? Anyone?


https://www.hollisterroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=4754BOOSTERKIT



'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0