The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (55shaker, moparguy), 72 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,684
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12323 02/22/2003 1:48 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 79
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 79
Hey yall!

I resently purchased a 69 C10, long bed. This truck is totally stock... including those little rims that make the rear end look too narrow. I am looking in to getting some new or used rims that have a better offset than these and am also looking into raising the truck 1-2 inches and putting on some 30 or 31 inch tires. What size 15 inch rim would be a good one? backspacing and all? Also.. would 30s or 31s fit under my truck? If not, what is the largest that I can go? Thanks for all the help.. I will be posting pictures in the gallery later!


'57 Chevy 210 (235)
'54 Chevy 3800
'49 Pontiac Streamliner (239)
'46 Chevy 3/4-Ton (216) (Sold)
'46 Chevy 1 1/2-Ton (Sold)
'50 Chevy Loadmaster Semi (Sold)
'68 Chevy Stepside (Sold)
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Hey, smokinjoe. Greetings. I believe that 30"/31" tires like you desire will fit under your truck, especially with a slight lift. Does your truck have six-lug hubs? If so, you could use the factory four-wheel-drive wheels (15"x8") from a newer K5 Blazer and they'll fill your wheelwells with those fat tires easy! Nothin' like a truck with fat tires, IMHO grin

Regards,
Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Smokinjoe, I have a set of slotted ralls on my 69, they were a factory option, I was told. Don't know how hard they are to find, mine came with the truck. 15X8, I think, and six lug. If you haven't found it already, you might try the 69-72 Chevy Board


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0