The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1231571 08/23/2017 4:56 AM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
Is there a replacement Squirrel Cage for the Deluxe heaters? I am in the process of rebuilding my heater and found the set screw head to be stripped out.


1949-52 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Flatbed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I'm not aware of a reproduction or substitute, though there may be one.

Can you drill, tap, and install a helicoil to repair the stripped out hole? That's probably what I'd do.

Or if screw is stuck in place weld a little on the head to grab with some pliers and remove it. I find the TIG welder is great for this, might be worth a trip to a friend who's good with a TIG welder if you're not already.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
What year?

Can you post a photo of the location of the screw?

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 480
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 480
I destroyed the squirrel cage on my heater while trying to remove it. I found what I think is a replacement at The Filling Station.
The squirrel cage is part # AF-225. It says for a 59 - 90, but the measurements look to be the same as in my 53. I am also going to get the 12 volt motor #M-846, as I am swapping over to 12 volts. By the way, the heater I have is a 1949 fresh air.

Tim


I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Sorry, Tim

The Filling Station's catalog does not display in Safari on my iPad. I'll try another browser/computer.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
AF-225 is a Heater Fan Wheel (their catalog worked in Google Chrome)

If that part fit earlier heaters, I would guess they would say so. Have you tried calling them.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Try NAPA for the heater motor.
Here's a thread about those choices, cheaper and no shipping if you have one near by.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...6055/Easy/cheap_heater_blower_motor.html

They might have the fans too as a universal type part (not by application), worth asking.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0