| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,542 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 58 | I want to cut the end of my frame along that last support even with the spring mount. Is it too close? Does it leave enough steel for rivet strength? https://s19.postimg.org/qq0wcsv7n/IMG_5463.jpg | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | If it were me I'd cut it an inch behind the spring hanger bracket to be safe. Does an extra inch make a problem with your project? Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 58 | If it were me I'd cut it an inch behind the spring hanger bracket to be safe. Does an extra inch make a problem with your project? Mike B  Nah, it won't matter much I guess. I'm running a custom flatbed so can I make it whatever length I want. I'll weld a plate across the back anyway. Thanks for the response!
Last edited by Stutter; 08/20/2017 4:52 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 55 | I did that exact thing to my 1.5 ton flat bed. No issues at all
https://www.flickr.com/photos/79190194@N07/shares/308Yxv | | | | | Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 58 | I did that exact thing to my 1.5 ton flat bed. No issues at all
https://www.flickr.com/photos/79190194@N07/shares/308Yxv Your truck is beautiful! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 55 | | | |
| |
| |