The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 71 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,567
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1230979 08/20/2017 12:22 AM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
I want to cut the end of my frame along that last support even with the spring mount. Is it too close? Does it leave enough steel for rivet strength?

https://s19.postimg.org/qq0wcsv7n/IMG_5463.jpg

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
If it were me I'd cut it an inch behind the spring hanger bracket to be safe. Does an extra inch make a problem with your project?

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Mike B
If it were me I'd cut it an inch behind the spring hanger bracket to be safe. Does an extra inch make a problem with your project?

Mike B smile
Nah, it won't matter much I guess. I'm running a custom flatbed so can I make it whatever length I want. I'll weld a plate across the back anyway. Thanks for the response!

Last edited by Stutter; 08/20/2017 4:52 AM.
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
I did that exact thing to my 1.5 ton flat bed. No issues at all

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79190194@N07/shares/308Yxv

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by GreggE
I did that exact thing to my 1.5 ton flat bed. No issues at all

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79190194@N07/shares/308Yxv
Your truck is beautiful!

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
Thanks Stutter, I also narrowed the bed as well as shortened it.

https://goo.gl/photos/WYSJJf7P1ZUztLQZ8
https://goo.gl/photos/3pfaKLcvFEVwpa7eA


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0