The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,447
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
I finally found a set of Brake & Clutch pedals from a 87 Chevy for my 3800 1-ton, they are from a C30. I am pretty sure the pedals are set up for a Hydro booster. Can I use a Vacuum booster off a C20 instead or am I limited to using a Hydro booster?


1949-52 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Flatbed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
I had put a disc brake set up on my 1953 1 ton and I took a vacuum line off the intake manifold and it worked very well. I believe from the factory they would have taken vacuum for the hydro-booster off of the intake manifold. I have a picture in my archives on my photo bucket account showing how I plumbed it in.

Hope this helps you out.

MikeC

Last edited by mikec4193; 08/07/2017 11:52 AM.

1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 208
Thanks Mike, but what I am referring to is the 1980's -Up Hydro booster that runs off the power steering pump verses the traditional Vacuum booster. I am not sure I am sold on installing the Hydro booster setup and might opt out and install the Vacuum booster instead ( if possible with this setup).


1949-52 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Flatbed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0