The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jay R, 52Carl, 78buckshot, TooMany2count, walter74, Bill Hanlon, Barry Martak, Charles in CA, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1225345 07/13/2017 5:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 22
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 22
Hi all, my name's Joe. I just picked up a 54 Chevy 3800 as a retirement project present for my dad. Question for everyone, does anyone know of any parts sources in NJ? The truck needs lots of little odds and ends, mainly the brakes and a new ignition switch, since the original is mysteriously missing.

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/19/2024 6:05 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

1954 Chevy 3800 Long Bed: ex-fire truck turned farmer's town run about turned 353T powered retirement project
1953 Chevy 6400: the work truck
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 22
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 22
Oh, and if there's anybody that's in Jersey that would be willing to help, that'd be awesome. I've never attempted to work on a truck of this age before, let alone really ever seen one in person. The trucks been sitting for 5-10 years, so everything is stiff and stuck. I have a laundry list of questions to go with it. Thanks in advance.


1954 Chevy 3800 Long Bed: ex-fire truck turned farmer's town run about turned 353T powered retirement project
1953 Chevy 6400: the work truck
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 264
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 264
Hey welcome, sounds like a fun project. You're gonna be helping your Dad, or doing then presenting? Can't help with local parts, sorry. Someone will help with that shortly I'm sure, maybe even be your neighbor, lots of NJ bolters here.


1952 Chevrolet 1700 Bickle Seagrave
"Old Smokey'"
Following the build in the DITY Gallery
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Lean on Amtrac Joe in NJ. He seems to think he knows a thing or two about your truck. Otherwise he is a pretty swell guy and might be helpful.
HB


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 22
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 22
Thanks for the quick replies, I'll send Joe a message. I'm going to be getting the truck to running and driving condition, enough to take it for a quick blast around the block and then the fifteen minute drive to the house from where I have it stashed, and then I'll be helping him restore it and modify it as he see fits.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/14/2017 2:39 AM.

1954 Chevy 3800 Long Bed: ex-fire truck turned farmer's town run about turned 353T powered retirement project
1953 Chevy 6400: the work truck
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
CinkoJr, welcome to the Stovebolt. Plenty of help here. Just ask questions in the garage forums.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/14/2017 2:41 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0