| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (52Carl, carbking, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 1955 1 Series, 2-Ton, Robert Crandall, fonz8261, greenie-reddy, 2 invisible),
116
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,124 Posts1,056,347 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 206 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 206 | Working to replace the underdash wiring harness on my 58 Vikking 60. 283 engine. Original ignition switch ( working well.., b4 I get hold of it ...but brittle wire) so I take a god look and picture on my phone camera of where all wires go and hook up. I have some wiring diagrams from multiple sites on web and thought I understood it all. PROBLEM. MY PHONE CRASHED and I lost my reference pics. Now my question.. I got it all hooked up. All lighting circuits and gauges working but I have a red wire coming out of ignition Tri-plug/conecter which comes into the center three tabs on back of switch (original v8 switch). where does it go to??? Pink is going to gas gauge , acc to windshield wiper, hot wire coming in from main harness , which travels though amp meter then goes out to voltage reg /with leg to fuse block. Green wire out to resistor. All as I remember ..But the single 10 inch red wire.. Duh. No picture/ no memory. Funny thing is truck starts without it hooked up to anything and switch installed in dash,,,, but will not turn off / kill engine by turning switch off. ( I have to disconnect hot wire to switch to turn off engine). Any help or insight is appreciated. Dang cell phone cameras. Lol | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 | From what I can tell looking at the wiring diagram in the 58 shop manual (pg 9-57), the red wire (12 ga) goes to the ammeter along with a 12 ga black wire that goes from ammeter to starter solenoid. I can email you a pic of the diagram if you PM me your email addy.
Last edited by Cablesmill; 06/16/2017 5:06 AM.
1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
| | |
| |
| |