The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (68ironhead, Otto Skorzeny, Jerry 53), 72 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
Any suggestions on where to locate the roller guides that mount to the bottom of the glass frames. I have searched everywhere and only found 55-59 model year. Just when I thought I was ready to put my doors back together.


1951/54
Basketcase
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
They are not reproduced, Denny Graham had some detail on his photo page on how he made some.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
They make them for a 46. I modified mine and had brass rollers made to fit in the channel.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,290
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,290
Are you looking for the c-channel which bolts to the glass frame, or the rollers which attach to the regulator?
Classicparts.com carries plastic rollers to replace the original leather "rollers" (they don't actually roll). The plastic roller rivets are the same size as the hole in the regulator where the original rivets/leather rollers go, making it an easy install. They work great.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks guys for the replies The C channels are what I need and think I found an option for Making/Modifying some. I will post back with results.
It is strange there are no repro's for the 47- 50 trucks.
Ken


1951/54
Basketcase
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,290
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,290
If you have an old one as pattern, it wouldn't be to difficult to fab one up.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks Carl I would happy with a good pic. I have neither.
Fabbed a 1" sample today with two 16ga. 1/2" square tubes. This looks like it will work perfect.


1951/54
Basketcase
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596

Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks Brad
That first one is a 51 - 54 side window channel for wind wing door. I found a good one from AZ. to get the length correct. I am going to knock this out tomorrow. The end is back in sight once again.


1951/54
Basketcase

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0