The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (TUTS 59), 95 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 47
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 47
Howdy!

Have one of the above on my 59 Burb. Looks to be fairly functional except for worn out lower rubber bushings, bent links and I will assume worn out rubber bushings in the link lollypops.

Has anyone ever found suitable sized replacements and renewed the lower bushings and replaced the lollypop links with modern style links?

Or might I be better off going with a CPP front anti sway kit? Thoughts?

Thanks!! Maddog

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
In my experience, all bushing are not created equal so avoid the J.C. Whitney and a few others that offer them and get a kit from one of the "reputable" vendors. Just my .02


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
Maddog;

I have the exact same issue on my 58 Burb. I'm very interested in what you find out. Nothing on mine is bent but the bushings are toast.


Thanks

Larry

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0