The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WarEagle1, Jon G, Gray_Ghost), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,184
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
Boy I've bin lookin real hard for rear door checks on my 58 Chevy Panel,and just got a set on ebay for 47-55 year models.Just wondering how much different could they really be and do you think I stand a good chance of adapting them? Any words of encouragement would be nice,buy if I am royally screwed,please have fun shreading my dream!

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 592
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 592
Stan, I've been searching for the same for a '57 GMC. I finally have a set. They would be the same on your Chevy.

I live in Gilbert and I see that you are in Phoenix. I don't think that the stops would be hard to fabricate if you had originals to make a pattern. You are welcome to use mine to trace a pattern, or to compare them to the ones that you bought to see if they can be adapted.

***** no person-to-person buying/selling/trading in this forum ****
***** use personal message or email oe Swap Meet *****


Send me a PM if interested.

Matt

Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
Very nice offer! I just recently got a pair on evilbay for up to year 57.I spent a short time playing with placement but the angles seem a problem.Yeah I'd like to get together for some research,although the panel cant be driven at this time...There is an exact pair again on ebay.Seller is advertising through 59. I challenged him and waiting on a reply...

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
J
Jersey Joe
Jersey Joe
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Hello All,
***** no person-to-person buying/selling/trading in this forum ****
***** use personal message or email oe Swap Meet *****

Jersey Joe

no personal buying/selling/swapping in this forum - please use the Swap Meet.

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 308
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 308
***** no person-to-person buying/selling/trading in this forum ****
***** use personal message or email oe Swap Meet *****

Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
Dear moderator,there was no mention of buying,selling,trading of parts..I mentioned an ebay purchase and borrowing a part to fabricate. That' all....

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
I would have thought the checks for 55 nd series thru 59 were the same.

Stan, designated moderators are identified by their names being green, whereas a non-moderaor name is black.

Last edited by Cablesmill; 05/24/2017 7:23 AM.

1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 18
The body mounted peices are identical for many years.The slider and door brackets changed.I did have a guy plasma cut my own design which suited me better.Because my front end is lowered,the doors are not level and want to free-fall either closed or open at a certain point.
The oem sliders allowed the door to pull out of the intermediate stop position,so I relocated it to the rear of the slier to catch the door securely.Havnt mounted them yet though...


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0