Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,683 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | Well I did it, I just bought two more hunks of rusty iron. http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...er/1956%20Chevy%203100?sort=9&page=1The red one is a 1956 6500 with a 265 V8 and 4+2 trans/rear. The green one is a 1957 6500 with a 261 w/PCV set up and a 4+2 trans/rear. I'm hoping there are a few salvageable parts here...time will tell. You know this is an incurable sickness! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Great job Mike!
Got any plans or just more friends for the collection?
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | These are just parts, strip them down and make them go away asap. Kind of like the Homecoming trucks from previous years, a gas wrench will be involved! I'm hoping the floor in the green truck will be better than what I have for my Brush Truck project. And I want some of the engine stuff off of the 265 for that project as well. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,607 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,607 | It is a sickness, and we just encourage each other.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Does that 261 run and would it work in my truck? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | I don't know if it runs yet, that's on my list of things to play with...the 261 will bolt in where ever a 235 bolts in... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,607 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,607 | Mike, you get near whatever truck I bring and a gas ax is around. We will do a dance, and not the good type. http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...09_zps9ave2h3h.jpg.html?sort=2&o=127What Me? But, glad you are saving old iron! Don
Last edited by 2-Ton; 04/05/2017 4:26 AM.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | Don, you're safe, I don't like to dance...  Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 | Mike, good seeing you and Dana at the show this weekend. Forgot to ask, any progress on the brush truck body? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | It's slow going but I am working on the frame...Needs some repair done at the helper spring frame brackets locations due to heavy pitting. Great seeing you as well, Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 |
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | Well, I did it again, I just hauled another '56 4400 home. This truck was born into the Navy and is the sister to the brown '56 4400 that I striped a few years ago. Both of these trucks were ordered using the same Navy PO# and they are only 18 serial numbers apart. This truck has a 235, SM-420, 12' Stake Body Bed and 10 lug 22.5" Tubless rims. The engine is missing the water pump but is otherwise complete (air cleaner to oil pan). I think with a little work it will run as it turns over easy by hand. Where's HRL when you need him...lol! Check it out, there's not a good piece of sheet metal on this truck, it's been parked under trees and last tagged in 1971... http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...15_160736773_HDR.jpg.html?sort=9&o=9Mike B  | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Mmmm, I like those wheels! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Mike, you've got the rusty iron sickness really bad!
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,236 Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part | | Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,236 | Mr. President, how do you treat a disease like that?
Chris | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,223 | Yup, I got the sickness bad...  I'm just doing my small part in saving anything worth saving on trucks that were destine for the crusher. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | Keeping the dream alive great work Mike
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,607 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,607 | Chris I treat the disease, by finding another old piece of iron to save. Then hopefully pass it on, to someone that may have the time to save it.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 | Hey wait just a dadgummed minute here .... Billy Marlow, Sweet and I drag a pile of junk out of the woods, save a few parts off it and scrap the rest ... and we get called "Butchers" "Scoundrels" "Inhuman Eviscerators of Noble Iron" ... and worse as we're dragged through the streets of London, publicly flogged and quartered, spat on, kicked, and our severed heads displayed on pikes along the Tower bridge. Our children and widows forced to walk in shame for the rest of their lives, penniless.
But Mike B does the SAME THING and you're throwing flowers at his feet, littering the landscape with marble statues of him (laurel wreathes in his hair...), naming a whole generation of babies, ships and cities after him, hurling babies and small dogs at him to kiss, endless waves of young girls and old ladies leaping from cliffs hoping to fall into his arms, hoisting him on your shoulders and falling all over each other to be the ones to carry him, via grand procession, into Vatican City for his sainting ceremony without ONCE pausing even for a millisecond to determine if he's even Catholic??
Billy, Chris -- Does something stink in Denmark? A whiff of HIGH pock rassie do I sniff on an ill wind, perchance???
Well, to THAT I say only one thing ... wait for it ...
Harrumph!
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | What he said! Wait.....what did he say??
Oh yea, Harrumph! The truck we brought home a few months ago that everyone got all fired up about is almost ready for its Maryland Motor Vehicle Inspection. All it needs is a coat of wax and an ash tray adjustment and its ready for Des Moines!
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 Stovebolt Photo Moderator | | Stovebolt Photo Moderator Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 | Remind me to stay out of Maryland.........do you mean Buddy ? 1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"Link to a few photosIn this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Billy we should have started driving a week ago to make the show!!
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | |
| |