The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1211090 04/01/2017 2:13 AM
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 27
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 27
Howdy - been following for a couple years looking for wheel solutions, but never posted. 1950 6400 RH-5 wheels with severely dry rotted tires (still hold air though) just used for slow speed around the place.

Was getting discouraged about finding replacement wheels after reading everything on here and elsewhere. Came across something today that I'm hopeful will work. They're a complete set of split/ lock ring off what I'm guessing to be a 1940s truck. Tires on em are 7.5 x 20 hub piloted 4.75 x 10 hole 7.25. Stud holes look a little small and may need expanded slightly.

The couple unmounted look dang good inside - we'll' see what I find on the others.

Haven't check the backspace/offset yet but looks very close.

Has anyone on here used the older rims on their outfit? Got pictures but don't think I can post yet.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
The only issue I could see is that the older rims would be to narrow for later and larger truck applications.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 27
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 27
Thanks for the input. Are you thinking they'd be too narrow functionally or from a looks standpoint? The truck has 8.25 x20's on now and the rh-5's are 6.5 inches wide. The older rims are 6.0 inches wide and I was hoping they would support 8 or 8.25 tires. Also, I was wrong about the studs, they are the same size. Thanks for any feedback, Mark


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0