| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
129
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 14 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 14 | I have a 65 Chevy swb/fleetside that was given to me by my grandfather. He purchased it in Batesville, MS. around 1968 from the original owner. The paint looks like it was done by a house painter--seriously, it always has as far back as I can remember, maybe it was knowing him. Anyhow it does not have original paint. I have determined the paint code to be 555AD which is a two tone code from what I can tell. 22567(Fawn) is the basic color, and 8290(Ivory) is the body two tone color. Does anyone know where I might find a photograph of a vintage truck in this paint scheme, or a restoration. If not can you tell me what was painted fawn and what was painted ivory on the truck. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | standard style of 2 tone for the 60's was a light color roof - and here - and here - I had a couple like the last, blue with white [ivory] top - if you sand things down you should find the original colors under as a poor re-paint wouldn't likely have been taken to bare metal - also usually the firewall won't have been repainted, so that can indicate main body color, as well as the door edges Bill | | |
| |
| |