The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Shade Baby), 71 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,336
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
I put new springs all the way around when I built the truck four years ago. Maybe 8,000 miles on it. When I was changing the oil last week I noticed the front springs were almost flat looking. All new shackles and bushings and hardware too. Anything that moved or twisted was replaced. The rubber bumper is only 3/4" to 1" from the bracket that wraps around the spring. The front shackle is forward over center. I got the springs from Keystone Spring Service in Pittsburg. $198.00 ea.
Do they seem a little low to anyone?
Thanks Sharon

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That sounds a little low to me. Somewhere in the specs for the truck they should give a height for the truck unloaded. I think it would be a measurement to the frame.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 592
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 592
I read your post and checked my '57 3/4 ton. It has about 1 1/2" clearance. Not sure how this would compare to a '54, but this gives you a reference point.

Matt

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 148
Thanks Maybellene. I'm going to call the spring shop and ask them some questions.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0