The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jon G, dt235sd, Wally / Montana, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1205480 02/23/2017 4:12 AM
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
Hello everyone,
Zach here from West Des Moines, Iowa.
First let me thank all the people who belong to this forum. Your posts have already helped me get my truck into a drivable condition.

My truck is a 1966 GMC 2505 1 ton. It’s the 10000 lb. GVWR with the 157” wheel base and is a dually.
Has a SM420 four speed. A link to a photo is in my signature.

It originally had a 305E V6 but had completely destroyed gen 1 350 in it when I bought it. I’ve since installed a mild rebuilt 77 350.

My goal is to make it a good daily driver work truck. Maybe even with a 60’s or 70’s utility body on the back if I can find one.
I also enjoy Jeeps, I have a 75 CJ5. And a few motorcycles as well.
For a living I’m a maintenance engineer and CNC tech at a local millwork.
Thanks again,
Zach


Zach
1966 GMC 1-Ton Flatbed 2505
PhotoBucket Photo of the 66
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Zack, welcome to the Stovebolt. Always have like those dual wheels. Be sure to check out the One Ton forum.....and aske questions in the garage forums. Good luck, we're here to help.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
gmcfb66 #1205504 02/23/2017 12:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
welcome, Zach. Sounds like a real worktruck, good luck with it.
Leo

gmcfb66 #1205505 02/23/2017 12:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Welcome to the group Zach. It's a great bunch.
You have a good looking work horse there.
There are a lot of Bolters in Iowa and some of us are planning to attend the ATHS National truck show at the Des Moines fairgrounds, in late May.
https://www.aths.org/
I'll be starting a thread in the Greasy Spoon about it soon.
You will also need to make a few more Moderated posts to see the Spoon though.
So post away!

Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 02/23/2017 12:50 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
2-Ton #1205725 02/25/2017 1:27 AM
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks Don,

After some repairs, upgrades, tires and paint I think I'll have a good dually truck. I really like the idea that it's a truck that's been around 50 years and still doing what it was made to do.

That looks like a great show. I'll definitely be there.


Zach
1966 GMC 1-Ton Flatbed 2505
PhotoBucket Photo of the 66
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
I hope to have a StoveBolt awning for that show and the KC Reunion.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/56/1/STOVEBOLT_REUNION_-_KANSAS_CIT.html

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
Hey Don, thanks for the heads up on the ATHS show. I would have missed it.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Well Zach.
I just bought a 65 1-Ton this weekend.
http://s893.photobucket.com/user/2-Ton/library/1965%20one%20Ton
If I still have it in May, I'll bring it to Des Moines for the show.

Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 03/01/2017 4:28 AM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Welcome Zach , lots of info floating around here....i'm new as well and found gobs of great info. good luck!


MilkMater
1959 Chevrolet 3/4 Ton 3E

MilkMater

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0