The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 127 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,442
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1202422 02/01/2017 12:09 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 124
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 124
Hi folks, Just found this site a couple of days ago and as I'm just getting restarted on a 38 1/2 ton project and thought it would be beneficial to join up. This is a freebee that I got from my father-in-law probably 25 years ago. Tore it apart and rebuilt the back 1/2 of the rusty frame back then but ran out of steam on it rather quickly, so it languished in the garage and then in the yard since.(Got kicked out of the garage back in 07 when I started work on a Cobra replica) Now that the Cobra has been finished for quite a few years and I'm retired and in need of something to work on I've gotten started on the truck again. As weather here in New England this time of year is not to good for working in a tent garage where the truck presently resides I've been working on the doors and hinges in the basement workshop. So far I've made 4 new hinge halves that bolt to the cab and reconditioned the door halves. Then welded patch panels on the bottom of both doors and am in the process of getting them ready for paint. Probably shouldn't admit this but I've been pretty much a FORD guy most of my life so I'm sure I will need plenty of help when it comes time to put the old girl back together.
Dave

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/19/2024 6:03 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

38 Chevy 1/2 ton being resto-moded
65 AC Cobra replica
USAF vet
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Dave, welcome to the Stovebolt. Heck, I USE to like Ferds a few decades ago! lol

The 38 should be gratifying as you go along. It and the 37 and perhaps the 39 have a good bit in common and there are several 36/37/38/39/40 guys around the garage. Some more original and some more modified. I'm sure you will fit right in. Sounds like your are well on your way this time so visit us often. I'm sure you have much you can contribute to forums.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site! We forgive you for your past..... (For... no, I can't type it... LOL) You will find that most of us have a few different brands, don't tell but, I have Chevy, Mopar, and my wife has a 68 Mustang that her dad bought new! In fact, that is how we met. I painted it for them and then told her she couldn't have her keys back unless she went out with me! That was in 1983...


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Dave. The head honcho here is a Ford guy too. We still tolerate him, haha. No worries. Good luck with the restoration. Be sure to ask if you need help.
Leo

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 103
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 103
Hello Dave,
Welcome from another CT guy with a 38. Mine's an old farm truck, and like most it's a work in progress. I've gotten a lot of good advice from the folks here. Hope to see you out on the roads!


1938 Chevy 1/2-ton
More info in the Gallery Forum
She looks good at 50 yards, and 35 miles per hour, on a dark night.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0