Greetings gang,
OK...so this Spring I will be media blasting the
chassis of my 1964 Chevy C60 . Once that is done the painting begins. While I have a 5 HP, 30 gallon air compressor I want to transition over to a turbine based HVLP system. I plan on using the system for everything from Zero-Rust application on the frame and other chassis parts to the primer and color coat on the body.
From what I've read the turbine based HVLP systems are great because:
1) Almost no moisture and/or hydrocarbons (oils) to deal with...
2) Higher percentage of coverage because more material is applied to the area being painted...
3) More consistent results and from what I've read a little "easier" to use...easier being a relative word here based on experience of the user...
I would like to buy a complete turbine based HVLP system but have no idea what system to look at for my application. I don't want to go the cheap route...but then again I don't feel that I need the professional grade system that would kill my bank account. Further, I can go off a read all the vendors’ accolades about their respective systems but I really place significant value on present and past experience from the great folks and fellow restoration addicts here on the Stovebolt site

.
As such, I would appreciate it if some folks could chime in and offer some suggestions and experiences?
As always...I greatly appreciate any feedback
