The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (lumbersawyer, 78buckshot), 167 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,474
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Thanks Hambone! I will be in the garage working!

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Thanks Hambone! You answered my questions and got me back on track! Next time hopefully more beer and a test drive!

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
No problem. One step at a time. Make sure I know when you and Sweet are starting that engine.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Don't worry, I will let you know. I am sure that I will be all gritty like a little school girl.

Goal:
1. Finish wiring in the next few days.
2. Paint parts
3. Contact the company about the brakes leaking fluid (Monday)


Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
That's it??? That's all the report we get????



~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
REPORT:

Hambone helped me lay out the wire harness (while teaching me), which I was concerned about since I had never wired anything before. Now, I have a basic plan on it.

Had a beer.

Attempted to bleed the brakes that kept leaking where the banyo bolt/crush washer was located. Tried multiple crush washers with no success. Might I add that I am a little miffed that the bleeder screw for the after market brakes was metric?!?!! What the heck! I have already called the company about this issue.

Needless to say, I am now painting the parts that need to be added on and putting the seat belts into place. After that, I will be running the wires through the truck and hooking up what I can.

I will be calling for an engine start up assist sometime in SEPT or beginning of OCT.

Chris

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
I did not mention the metric bleeders. Chris did. Had I known I would have raided Milliman's tool drawer for all his M and M's.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Chris

If you can, I'd suggest dragging the truck to the Tri State show for first fire

Details soon.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
I may not be able to make it there the whole weekend, but maybe, I can bring it up for a firing celebration with everyone else. If you don't mind, can you do a once over when the time gets closer to ensure that I have everything that is needed? I would hate to get there and be missing something!

Chris

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,081
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,081
Oh that would be cool to have the "first fire" at Winchester. Yeah, Chris ... do what you can to get it there. You know the ODSS - they'll be all over it. You may be able to drive it home. grin


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
No sweat. There's a NAPA just up the street and it wouldn't be the first time that someone was "missing something."


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
New, correct crush washer are being mailed by company!

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
good to hear. at least we figured the problem out.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Hambone, just got correct washers. A lot thicker then we thought and smaller then the ones that were on it. Should be easy now!

Edited (5 SEPT): Crush washers are the correct ones! Since I couldn't sleep, I have one side completed to include shocks and shock mounts in place. Now it is time for the other side along with putting on the alternator since I have the correct brackets now. Nothing like getting the wrong one the first time. If anyone is looking for a good bracket, PM me and I can tell you who I went through. Hopefully, this means that I can get the wiring going tomorrow!

Chris

Chris

Last edited by ndkid275; 09/05/2016 12:46 PM.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Making progress


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Front brakes, brake lines and shocks are completed. All wires are in protective sheath and run to the area that they will be connected. Seat belts are ready to be bolted into place once I have a helper. New battery cables purchased, picking up rims/tires tomorrow along with any other part he is finished painting.

Glad that I am not pressure washing the other half of the house this afternoon! It is way too hot!

FYI, I put a new updated picture of my truck in my photobucket. Can't wait to drive her! Hopefully, that will be at Winchester!

Chris

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Started to secure all wiring, secured fuse box into place. Starter with stomp pedal installed, Alternator bolted in place, Brake and clutch pedals slid into place (minus locking mechanism), painted parts for install this weekend. Prepped fuel lines for install with filter. Tank should be bolted into place this weekend.

This was all after pressure washing our house (Honey do list)

Items that I need assistance with.....
1. Confused with wiring and will need some assistance
2. Can't seem to figure out brace at front of the bed. (I will be posting something in the correct form) Once bolted in, I can relax and not worry about knocking it off the frame.
3. Will need assistance with the linkage for shifting..

Time to get back to work.

Chris


Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Fuel lines and tank are ready to be installed(had issues), rims/tires ready to go on seat belts bolted on correctly, Putting bumpers on for ease of pushing. Got bed figured out, just need neighbor to help me lift it up. Slowly making progress! One step at a time!

Last edited by ndkid275; 09/12/2016 1:40 AM.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Fuel tank in place, fuel lines and 2 tires installed.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Checking lots off the list.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Well done!


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Is "Bring John's Brake Bleeder" on that list??? wink


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
John, I am doing it all alone so please bring it. Unless, I can find some help.

Last edited by ndkid275; 09/13/2016 11:00 PM.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Another productive day! All tires are on, bed is bolted down correctly, vacuum line run to the carburetor which is now put on correctly. Painted air filter. Found out that one shock was bad! After assembly it started to leak fluid out off it. I also found out, just like the rest of the fuel lines, this prebent line is the incorrect diameter for my fuel pump, gas tank, and carb fittings.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
May be able
to find adapters and other fittings to make the fuel line work.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Can't find it here, so I am fixing it with what I can find.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Well gents,

I am going to add oil to the engine and see if she fires up tomorrow morning! I just got done checking the wire harness engine wiring. I have power to everything that needs power which includes the new electric fuel pump. Once I get the shift linkage connected correctly, I will be able to move her under her own power~! I will post pictures and hopefully video of the start up.

Chris

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
More pictures posted in Photobucket!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0