| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (delky, Steelonsteel),
235
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Gas Gauge. I have conflicting  wiring diagrams for my 1946 truck, One diagram says the sending unit goes on the RIGHT lug of the gauge. The other says it goes on the left lug. Which is correct? I'm leaning towards the first one (Right lug) but I do not want to damage my gauge. Better to be sure than to think you are right. Harold
Last edited by Harold46; 12/30/2016 5:54 AM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | I forgot which was which on mine (58) I just connected them and then turned the key on and off real quick to see if the gauge went up or not. It seemed to move a bit harder onto the empty peg so I swapped them and turned it on again. I have "tested" other gauges doing this and not harmed them either (just leaving it on for a fraction of a second).
Probably not the best way to do it but, I have not had any issues. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | The Old Online Chevy Manuals site shows the lug to the sending unit on the driver's side of the gauge.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Thanks everyone for your responses. I know it is the right post to the sending unit and the left post to the ignition switch. I stopped and looked at an unrestored truck and that is what I saw. Have a Merry Christmas & drive safely. Harold
Last edited by Harold46; 12/30/2016 5:50 AM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | As a follow-up to my last post, I found these photos, on ebay, of the Gauge Cluster-Rear. Notice the RED tag for the sending unit is on the RIGHT post (closest to the Speedometer) just as the truck I saw. Happy New Year!! Harold
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | |
| |
| |