| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,138 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 | Looking for a decent mechanic for my 1953 3100 in the Melbourne, FL area.
1953 3100
Melbourne, FL Veteran
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 31 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 31 | Hi there ... I have a 53 3600 and live in Geneva, FL ... I have a great mechanic I use in Orlando if you are willing to go that far? He is very honest and is fair on his pricing ... His name is Ron ... Ron's Automotive on Old Cheney Highway off East Colonial Drive ... He's restored the vintage vehicles before and he loves GM  If you can't find his number or address on line - let me know ... tell him Jeanie and Drew sent you if you go ... Also - do you know about our Central Florida Vintage Truck club? Jeanie | | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 | Jeanie, Thanks for the info. My only concern would be how much it would cost to tow it there. Heck, they want $40 just to tow it 5 miles.
I'll try to contact your guy, and maybe he has some suggestion.
No, I didn't know about the club! I was previously registered with the KC Stovebolt club. I'm fairly new to the area.
Steven
1953 3100
Melbourne, FL Veteran
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 31 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 31 | Hi Steven ... I know it costs quite a bit for towing ... I use AAA and have the kind that gives something like 100 miles towing ... feel I might need it with the old truck  Anyway - hope you can find someone more local if this doesn't work ... but maybe if you check out the club (it is fairly new) ... on Face Book - look up Central Florida Vintage Truck Club ... maybe some of the members might be able to help or someone might live close to you ... we are thinking of having some tech sessions in the club ... Paul is the President and is a very nice guy ... we meet up for some shows and park together etc .. nice group of people ... check it out ... Jeanie | | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 | Jeanie,
Unfortunately, I'm one of 'those' not on FB. I would normally do the work myself, but I'm just too busy with work. It is Italian registered right now, and so I have to get it running well so that I can register it here and drive it alot. I'll have to check out something like AAA.
1953 3100
Melbourne, FL Veteran
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 31 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 31 | Paul Heald (407) 443-4854 Here's Paul's info. Call him. He may be able to give some input. And give you info about the club. Tell him Jeanie Beline sent you. Hope you join and get your truck rolling soon. | | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2013 Posts: 168 | Thanks Jeanie, Oh I WILL!!! It might not turn the most heads, but I'll enjoy driving my little boys around in it. Looked at your pic, nice 3600!
Last edited by Shaanxi; 11/26/2016 2:26 PM.
1953 3100
Melbourne, FL Veteran
| | |
| |
| |