The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, Ole49GMC, Otto Skorzeny, DaveV), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,294
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1189959 11/07/2016 5:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
G
Moderated
Moderated
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Hello, all.
I've been lurking around for the last couple months since I arranged the purchase of a '49 3800. 20 years ago I had a '52 3800, that one was a SRW, the new one is a DRW. The new one has been in the family since the early 50's and is in pretty good shape.
I picked the '49 up a couple weeks ago and had it briefly running today before some excitement, but that's a story for another post...


1949 3800 DRW
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
gorogergo, welcome to the Stovebolt. We're always happy to hear of another vintage truck being saved from the tin worms and the crushing monster!

You join a LOT of bolters within shouting distance of where you live. So, may as well start making plans to attend the Stovebolt Reunion in K.C. Mo. about the first week in Sept. You will not be disappointed.

Be sure to ask questions in the garage forums for all the help you need.

Excitement??? Aren't all this old trucks exciting? We'll wait until you let us in on the secret. Did it involve fire?? LOL


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Gorogergo
I grew up in St. Louis (Maplewood) and it is a good area if you like city life.
I've been living in central Missouri (rural) for almost 30 years and love it.
Like Alvin said, the Reunion is a must do thing next fall.
Here is a link to pictures from this past Reunion.
http://s160.photobucket.com/user/stovebltr/library/2016/Reunion%20in%20Kansas%20City
You need about 4 moderated posts and then you will have full access to all the the Stovebolt group offers.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, lots to learn around here. Maybe some pics?

Leo

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
welcome to the bolt from Tx


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 22
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 22
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to see another bolt in St. Louis area
Steve


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0