| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,381 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 | I brought Lucy, my 41 home yesterday , and I wanted to show you guys. The fenders are the same ones beat out, little bit of welding and painted. The also painted my hood and doors. There are some paint chips and imperfections they left, but I'll take care of those. One of the workers drove her home and buffed her for me! They overall did an awesome job and there's no evidence of the sideswipe! Really excited! Here's a pic I took tonight..
Last edited by cletis; 11/06/2016 3:15 AM. Reason: repaired link
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 | I also need to finish painting the rear bumper and do the front bumper and running boards, since they are used and don't seam to ever stay blemish free im just using dupli color rattle cans on those | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Congrats on getting it going again. I can read the excitement in your voice!
Last edited by cletis; 11/06/2016 3:15 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Thanks Ian, and it really does look good. I like it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,286 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,286 | I did not need to see a picture of a creamed Stovebolt fender. I just got most of my '49 back from the painter, and I am a nervous wreck! Your after pictures look great. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 |
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 | Hi Carl, look at the link in my signature, you'll see the damage that is fixed there.
Last edited by Ian Ring; 11/06/2016 3:39 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 | | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | That is calendar worthy. Great pic. | | |
| |
| |