The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Woodcmiami, JW51, Robert Crandall, 1 invisible), 91 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,086
Posts1,056,335
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1189281 11/03/2016 12:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
I have a 54 3100. I have found some Deluxe Fender trim but it has no hardware with it. Anyone know how it mounts to the fender? How about a source for those pieces? Thanks, Dale

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Dale, Jim Carter sells the attachment hardware for the trim you are talking about but it is for his reproduced trim. Do not know if they are the same as the orig. You might want to order just a few to see if they will work on your trim. Good Luck

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
I was able to find a drawing of howChevy did it back in the day. IT looks pretty simple. Thanks, Dale

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
Originally Posted by daberry
I was able to find a drawing of howChevy did it back in the day. IT looks pretty simple. Thanks, Dale
Can you post a image or images of that back in the day drawing?
Where did you find the drawing?

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
It was from the assembly manual. I'll have to find it again. Dale

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
I have been manufacturing the clips in stainless for the original trim john

Moderator note: Buying and selling is not allowed in General Truck talk. I made a new post in Parts For Sale with John's contact info for those interested. Charlie

Last edited by cletis; 11/10/2016 4:33 AM. Reason: removed contact info
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 7
Thanks for the info. I was not able to purchase the trim. Dale

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
TCM, no selling allowed in the regular forums. Read the General Truck Talk rules at the top of the forum page. Easiest way is to send a PM or advertise in the Parts for Sale forum. Sorry rules are rules.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
If the fellow making the clips wants to put an ad in the Parts For Sale Forum he's welcome to do that. The ad Cletis put in there for him doesn't have a price so, unless it gets one shortly, I'll have to deleted it. I'd suggest sending the maker a PM if you are interested until he puts an ad in the PFS forum.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0