| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,340 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 | I have a 54 3100. I have found some Deluxe Fender trim but it has no hardware with it. Anyone know how it mounts to the fender? How about a source for those pieces? Thanks, Dale | | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 306 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 306 | Dale, Jim Carter sells the attachment hardware for the trim you are talking about but it is for his reproduced trim. Do not know if they are the same as the orig. You might want to order just a few to see if they will work on your trim. Good Luck | | | | | Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 | I was able to find a drawing of howChevy did it back in the day. IT looks pretty simple. Thanks, Dale | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 1,146 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 1,146 | I was able to find a drawing of howChevy did it back in the day. IT looks pretty simple. Thanks, Dale Can you post a image or images of that back in the day drawing? Where did you find the drawing? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 | It was from the assembly manual. I'll have to find it again. Dale | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 15 | I have been manufacturing the clips in stainless for the original trim john
Moderator note: Buying and selling is not allowed in General Truck talk. I made a new post in Parts For Sale with John's contact info for those interested. Charlie
Last edited by cletis; 11/10/2016 4:33 AM. Reason: removed contact info
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 7 | Thanks for the info. I was not able to purchase the trim. Dale | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | TCM, no selling allowed in the regular forums. Read the General Truck Talk rules at the top of the forum page. Easiest way is to send a PM or advertise in the Parts for Sale forum. Sorry rules are rules.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | If the fellow making the clips wants to put an ad in the Parts For Sale Forum he's welcome to do that. The ad Cletis put in there for him doesn't have a price so, unless it gets one shortly, I'll have to deleted it. I'd suggest sending the maker a PM if you are interested until he puts an ad in the PFS forum.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | |
| |
| |