The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1188625 10/28/2016 6:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
I'm a pretty good woodworker with very few metal working skills or tools. I was toying with the idea of buying rear fenders and a tailgate and building the rest of a short bed with wood. Anybody seen this done? any ideas? pictures?---Jack

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Saw a complete car built from wood at the KC Reunion this year. Unfortunately it was a Ferd. So, it can be done.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
Thought about doing this myself, but went another direction. Looky here: http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/english_rob_1951_01.htm Also search web for "GMC Huckster" and you might find some ideas. Keep us posted.

Last edited by 1Plowboy; 10/29/2016 6:47 PM.
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
Found one on Jim Carter's website. A guy in New Zealand built one for his 38 chevy truck. I sent him an email. wait and see.---Jack

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,101
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,101
When I was shopping for my truck I found one that had a homemade bed out of medium density fiberboard. You almost would not have know if it had not been for the thickness of the bed sides.


Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0