The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 147 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1184073 09/24/2016 10:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find some tops for a set of parking light bases? I have a good set of bases minus the metal tops.

Thanks,

Russ

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Russ,
Is THIS what you are looking for?
Harold


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
1- To me the base is the top of the headlamp housing.

2- The glass is the lens, which that link is selling.

3- The long metal piece that holds the lens in place is the parking light bezel.

So to me the "tops" piece he is seeking is No 3.

Russ has to come back and clarify.
Jeffrey

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Is this what you are looking for ?
I know it's an ebay ad, so delete after he sees it,if possible.
parking light housing


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
Originally Posted by bowtietim
Is this what you are looking for ?
I know it's an ebay ad, so delete after he sees it,if possible.
parking light housing

That is what referred to as No 3. Though the OP has not cleared up what he was referring to.

I don't need one though thanks for pointing out that you can still buy them. Jeffrey

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
It was directed to RSWEET, i did a little digging and found them for sale.


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Hi Guys,

The metal top that mounts to the bezel. I know these are different then the 46. It would be the tear drop snapped sheet metal top that holds the glass for the turn signal.

Thanks,

Russ

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Hi 32vid,

Those are similar to what I'm looking for, but I believe the 41's are a little different.

Thanks,

Russ

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Here's a copy of what I found through Jim Carter's site.

http://jimcartertruckparts.com/images/early%20park%20light%20assemblies.GIF

The middle lamp is what I'm referring too. I listed it wrong, it should have said 1941 instead of 1942. I need the piece that holds the len and screws to the base to hold everything together.

Thanks,

Russ

Last edited by RSweet; 10/12/2016 7:52 PM.
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
I would ask if J Carter to measure the distance between the screw holes on the 41 and 42 parts.

Looking at photos of 41 and 42 trucks the headlamp buckets look the same. Maybe someone here can confirm they are indeed the same part. So you should be able to use the 42 parking light parts on the 41 headlamp bucket.

At least you would then be able to use the truck until you find the right parts.
Jeffrey

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Are the 1940 Pontiac car parking lights the same ?


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks Jeffrey

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
Russ, you are welcome.
Jeffrey


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0