| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 166 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 166 | In my 63 C60 the 292 is still running very poorly. It will for the most part start right up with some gas poured down the carb, then run for a bit with the idle pulled out fully, then once it gets warm a bit it stalls and bogs down when I give it gas. I had a carb guy look at carb and he said it was ok, said the accelerator pump was ok with no need for rebuild. I'm totally lost on what to do. It does the same exact thing every time I go to work with it. Any ideas ?
Thanks, Troy | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,228 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,228 | Sounds like you need a different carb repair man. Kits a pretty cheap, and the carburetor is a really simple design. I would go ahead and clean it just so I knew it wasn't the problem. Once you have the fuel system cleaned, then move to the electrical side, timing, points, coil, etc..........
Joe
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 166 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 166 | Thanks Joe, sounds like a good plan  Troy | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,110 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,110 | When you say "with the idle pulled out fully" do you mean the choke? If so, be darn sure you don't have a vacuum leak in the intake system.
Last edited by klhansen; 09/20/2016 10:13 PM.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 9 | Did you spray any carb cleaner to check for a vacuum leak? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 166 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 166 | Sorry, I should have said choke  I will get to work on it Friday and hopefully what yall guys have said will help me get this resolved. I'll let you know something quickly as possible. Thanks guys !! Troy
Last edited by Red63; 09/21/2016 7:12 PM.
| | |
| |
| |